|AccessMedicine from McGraw-Hill Medical is a comprehensive online medical resource that provides a complete spectrum of knowledge from the best minds in medicine, with essential information accessible anywhere. AccessMedicine provides medical students with a variety of resources needed to excel in basic science studies and clerkships; helps residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with instant access to videos, self-assessment, and leading medical textbooks that facilitate decision-making at the point-of-care; enables faculty to create, track, and report their students’ progress through a curriculum tool that eases workflow; and allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge to ensure the best patient outcome.
Why is AccessMedicine unique?
AccessMedicine delivers indispensable support and invaluable online solutions in medical education and clinical practice through these interactive features:
– Leading medical textbooks – More than 85 references.
– Extensive multimedia library – A unique collection of more than 250 examination and procedural videos, patient safety modules, audio files, and animations that feature complicated concepts presented in terms students can understand are available, including videos illustrating fundamental medical concepts drawn from the world’s most trusted medical textbook, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine.
– Differential Diagnosis Tool – Connect to more than 1,000 diagnoses through Diagnosaurus.
– Practice Guidelines are annually updated guidelines from Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care that assist in disease screening, prevention, and management by providing succinct digest versions of longer original guidelines.
– Diagnostic Tests, from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, is a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
– Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice – perfect for high-yield review or for quick reference in the clinical setting.
– Self-Assessment – Extensive Q&A from leading references such as Harrison’s Self-Assessment and Board Review, William’s Obstetrics Study Guide and the LANGE textbooks, to assist students and residents in exam preparation.
– Patient Education – Comprehensive, reliable healthcare information for adults, pediatrics, medicines, and acute settings available in multiple languages and for over 7000 topics
– Integrated Drug Database – Look up dosing, indications, and adverse reactions quickly from more than 1,000 generic and brand-name drugs, with customizable, printable patient handouts presented in English and Spanish.
– Images – Tens of thousands of photos and illustrations to aid in visual diagnosis are available to save and download for educational purposes.
– Cases – A selection of cases from across the popular Case Files series and Pathophysiology of Disease helps medical students better understand and evaluate real world experiences by offering questions to frame the case and the approach to the patient.
– Custom Curriculum – This powerful online tool helps ease the workflow for program directors by customizing and managing resident training from one convenient site. For more information on how to tailor your program with Custom Curriculum
|For Non-DHA/Guests [Click here] to access the resource without authentication.